I guess you probably already have read about these people below. But, to point out the obvious. These are ordinary people who become best selling Amazon Kindle authors because they never gave up and worked hard writing content to upload to the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) for sale.
Ordinary people as successful Amazon Kindle authors list
The main reason for making a list like this is to show that ordinary people like you and me can actually write our own ebooks and upload them to Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) for sale. The market is there and it is FREE to upload and list your ebooks in the Amazon Kindle store. Buyer pays for the cost when he/she buys your ebook.
Remember, it will require some work as in writing. But, do not give up. If they could do it, you can. Think on it as a fun hobby. Do not feel any pressure. It will effectively stop your creative stream of thoughts. Be positive. Let the imagination lead you forward. This is what I do when I write fiction. Non-fiction is written as I pull stuff from the Internet and just compile it together to one text.
First out is…
- Amanda Hocking (26) from Austin, Minnesota
She has as far as I know written 17 novels and published 9 of them so far. She sold one million copies of her ebooks in one year and made 2 million US dollars on it. She was turned down from every publisher she tried. Now one of her ebooks is going to be turned into a movie. That’d not bad!.
- Amanda Hocking’s profile on Amazon.com
- Amanda Hocking on Wikipedia
- Amanda Hocking on Facebook
- Amanda Hocking on Twitter
- Amanda Hocking Facebook fanpage
- Amanda Hocking website (Bio)
- Amanda Hocking blog (Bio)
- Amanda Hocking at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Amanda Hocking’s Smashwords Author Profile
- News articles about Amanda Hocking
- TheHuffingtonPost.com: Amanda Hocking Signs Four-Book Deal With St. Martin’s Press
- NPR.org: A Self-Published Author’s $2 Million Cinderella Story
- Forbes.com: Who Wants To Be A (Kindle) Millionaire?
- USA TODAY: Authors catch fire with self-published e-books
- Guardian News: Amanda Hocking, the writer who made millions by self-publishing online
- Amanda likes to write about the paranormal romance writer as in vampire, trolls and zombies.
- Amanda Hocking uses the 70% royalty option on her books.
- Amanda did a aggressive self-promotion for her ebooks on her blog, Facebook and Twitter.
- Amanda started writing in April 2010 and in March 2011 she had sold over one MILLION copies in the first year alone.
- Amanda’s price range on her Kindle ebooks is from 99 US cents to mostly 2.99 US Dollars.
- Amanda uses from 8 to 12 hours to write and it is best after dark to write.
- In June 2010: Amanda sold 6000 ebooks.
- In July 2010: 10 000 ebooks.
- In January 2011: over 100 000 ebooks.
A random selection of Amanda Hocking’s ebooks on Amazon.com below.